Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Multi-tasking

Today I got a lot of stuff done at work. First Paula sent me to Office Depot to pick up some printable CDs.



My primary task of the day was to duplicate disks. While I was burning the disks, I was also busy color-coding a few floorplates of some hotel. It was rather simple. I just opened the .pdf files in Illustrator, and then drew colored boxes using the pen tool. There were specific color mixes for certain rooms that I had to abide.



After a while, I was allowed to start printing the labels on the CDs, like I had done my first day on the job. This CD was for a upcoming Mardi Gras ball. I really like the cover design, done by Ben J. I found the song list quite amusing, considering this is an event for upper-class barely-teens. I'd really like to know who compiled these songs. They probably had the kids submit a list of their favorite songs or something.



Paula also asked me to do a count of the sunglasses and gift boxes that were being put together for a client. It turned out they were short 30 boxes, so I went ahead and put them together. Bobby, is going to have to finish packing and labeling them.



I didn't interact much with the employees today, other than passing people in the hallway and listening to Paula give me instructions. There's this one man, though, who seems to have a very sour disposition. He doesn't seem like a mean person, it's just that he never smiles, and possibly frowns a lot, he always looks like he's frustrated and/or discontent for no apparent reason. Today, however, I know it was because the coffee creamer wasn't readily available at the little refreshment center that's set up in the hallway. All I can say is I'm so glad I don't drink coffee.

No comments: